What's new
Free Chat Forum / Message Board

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please consider using your 321Chat chat room username, especially to gain VIP here.

Important! You will need to validate your email address to register and recover your password if you've forgotten it. Staff cannot assit with password recovery in any way. Please allow a short time for your email to arrive if it doesn't arrive immediately. Check spam folder.

The Power of One

Buzz

VIP Member
My dad being the great dad hat he is - "Buzz you alright son, you seem a bit off these last few week's."

Me - "Dad, are you going to worry about me the rest of your life?"

And this is where the power of one comes in.

My dad says "I don't know" - "I can tell you this" - "I'm going to worry about you one more day and one more after that and so on till, I know your alright."

And so when I went through that my dad called me - I was really broke - my dad goes, "You thinking about quitting?'

And I go, "Yeah I'm close."

He goes, "Just don't quit for one more day."

He's so wise and uhm...

I didn't - and that not quitting for one more day and holding on would go to the next day and the next day - but there were these glimpses in my life where it's like - you know what?

I may not be the smartest or the best talker - I definitely don't have the highest IQ - I'm not the tallest dude or the strongest dude or the best looking dude or any of that.

But I'm not going to get out worked - I'm going to out work you - I'm going to one more rep in the GYM - one more lap in the pool - I'm going to do one more phone call - I'm going to do one more email - I'm going to do one more text - I'm going to do one more...

I'm going to do whatever it takes to achieve my goal's - whether it's here in the chat or in my daily life - Buzz