What's new
Free Chat Forum / Message Board

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please consider using your 321Chat chat room username, especially to gain VIP here.

Important! You will need to validate your email address to register and recover your password if you've forgotten it. Staff cannot assit with password recovery in any way. Please allow a short time for your email to arrive if it doesn't arrive immediately. Check spam folder.

mods and admins

If by 'mods' you mean Global Moderators (GM), they are staff members that can help out in all rooms if needed and have additional courses of action they can take unlike room admins (room staff), they are limited to the room they were made staff in, meaning their moderator abilities only work in the room they're mod for and have limited action options.

whats the difference between mods and room admins

Mods:
  • Kick users
  • Mute users
  • Remove certain things on your profile section.
Admins:
  • Kick users
  • Ban users
  • Mute users
  • View 'Other Accounts'
  • View IP addresses (I think)
  • View Email Addresses (I think)
  • And other things that moderators cannot view.

I am not sure 100% about this; I haven't been a moderator for a chat room in a while, plus this new update owners have the ability to change staff permissions in the admin panel.

This new update they've added more staff features like:
  • Ghost
  • Mute (PMs ONLY)
  • Etc

whats the difference between mods and room admins
Apologies, I misread that..

1719440700520.png ROOM MODS
- Room mods have the authority to mute or block users only within the specific room where they serve as staff.

mod.svg
[SITE] MODS
- Site moderators have the authority to mute or kick users across the entire chat platform.