What's new
Free Chat Forum / Message Board

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please consider using your 321Chat chat room username, especially to gain VIP here.

Important! You will need to validate your email address to register and recover your password if you've forgotten it. Staff cannot assit with password recovery in any way. Please allow a short time for your email to arrive if it doesn't arrive immediately. Check spam folder.

Age Limit & Recent Drama With Mods

admin

Owner of 321Chat
WebMaster
Because the overwhelming feedback of 321chat has been that the mods kick and ban people way too quickly I told the mods that they need to chill out. That it is not their job to parent everyone and stop every fight between chatters. I said teens are allowed to curse and occasionally be mean to each other. That is not to say that they can't ban a troll that is just trying to upset people.

One of people's complaints was that they were always quizzed about their "real" age and told to put in in their profile. I said to stop doing that... That predators would simply lie and you're annoying every new chatter the moment they check out the site. I said 20 and 21 year olds should be allowed to chat within teen chat. (I've now lowered that to 20) because it seems ridiculous to me that 19 is fine and then your birthday ticks off and you aren't allowed to be in the room you've called home, potentially for years. I think you should have your 20th year as time to transition out of teen chat.

So in my mind not much has changed. Racist and homophobic language will still get you banned as will sexual posts and images. There is still a report button that everyone can use incase things are done in private.

There are other sites where the parents have to sign their children up and every word is screened or filtered out. If you are looking for that level of protection then please go there.

What is "overwhelming feedback." At any given time there seem to be hundreds of people on 321. How many of them were complaining? Not all complaints are justified. When familiar mods and admins that the majority of people like and trust disappear, some of them with years in those unpaid & unappreciated jobs, people are naturally upset. Asking questions is not disrespect.

Feedback from the news posts, app reviews and emails over the span of years. Over modding is consistently among most common complaints. Of course the only people around are the ones the banned mod deemed worthy to stay. If you're not friends with those mods and get into an argument with someone in the chat you'd probably be banned and think it was unfair. Further more they were free to disagree but cursing and name calling will get you fried every time (even from an unpaid position).

Thanks for your reply, but I have no idea what you mean by "banned mods." I was thinking of those that have been removed in the last couple of months, and unless it happened today none of them have been banned. I sincerely doubt any of the people I'm thinking of cursed you or called you names, nor were they know for being unfair or favoring "friends only."

1: "One of people's complaints was that they were always quizzed about their "real" age and told to put in in their profile. I said to stop doing that..." Basically, nobody have to show their age, staff is not allowed to enforce age on the profile. Open season for any age to just put "Do not display" and come in. That's a HUGE safety risk, not even trying to prevent predators for coming in.

2: "I said 20 and 21 year olds should be allowed to chat within teen chat. (I've now lowered that to 20) because it seems ridiculous to me that 19 is fine and then your birthday ticks off and you aren't allowed to be in the room you've called home, potentially for years. I think you should have your 20th year as time to transition out of teen chat." So on their 21th birthday they are not allowed anymore? If so, why not at 20 when they are no longer a teen? People don't LOSE their friends from not being in the Teen room. 1. Friends list. 2. Search function. 3. Lobby room have no age limit already, they can hang there. 4. 18 and 19 are both allowed in the TEEN AND ADULT rooms, that sould be the perfect time to transition out of the Teen room and over to the Adult room.

3: As your reply to deaindra's post. "They weren't banned for feedback as you aren't banned now. They were banned for disrespecting the owner of the site (Me)." Sounds like u have a big ego and have a hard time with people speaking up against you.

4: As for the feedback. OF COURSE people who break the rules and get punished will complain. They will say anything and everything to make themself look like the victims. BUT did you EVER go in to the Teen room and ask the users there about their opinions? The people who follow the rules, those who are not banned? Ever ask them if they felt safe? Ever spend time there taking THEIR feedback in concideration? Or did you simply read hate mail and make changes to better suit the haters?

5: I hardly see it as FAIR for you to blindly accuse these staff members of taking sides when you haven't put in the time in the Teen room to even ask anyone's feedback. I don't know everything that went down, but seems like standing up to you and fighting against your rules is a bannable offense in itself.

As far as I know, this is not disrespectful, no name calling. an honest opinion about the safety issues now put on the Teen room and what might be fair or unfair bans on staff. Accusations about all banned staff playing favorites seems a bit sus to me. I choose not to believe that part.

See everything you said was worthy of a response until you said "Sounds like u have a big ego and have a hard time with people speaking up against you." but you've been angling for a fight since I spoke to you in the chat room and this just shows me that it's not going to end. So bye bye.

Thanks for your reply, but I have no idea what you mean by "banned mods." I was thinking of those that have been removed in the last couple of months, and unless it happened today none of them have been banned. I sincerely doubt any of the people I'm thinking of cursed you or called you names, nor were they know for being unfair or favoring "friends only."
Yes there was recent drama over the last couple days. I banned 2 mods today over how they reacted to me saying 20 year olds could stay in teen chat and that they should chill out with the ban button. Any mods that were removed before today was done by ChatMaster.

I thought that was always the rule. That's how Turoine explained it a long time ago. If the age limit was 13-19. then chatters could stay until they turned 20, even perhaps a little bit longer if they caused no drama.

LOL. I see. The other mods removed . . . blame Paul, not Greg. ;)

Me personally I think this is a great rule, I’ve seen it first hand inforced and I’ve seen it work. Giving chatters a grace period of being 20 to say goodbye to fellow friends isn’t a bad thing

I thought that was always the rule. That's how Turoine explained it a long time ago. If the age limit was 13-19. then chatters could stay until they turned 20, even perhaps a little bit longer if they caused no drama.

LOL. I see. The other mods removed . . . blame Paul, not Greg. ;)
All of Admin's posts are related to the teen chat room and have nothing to do with me removing you and the mods in the gay and gay teen rooms.

I knew DynamicDylan from somewhere. He used to accuse me of the stupidest stuff he comes up with.

That's one reason why he should be removed

We don't want any drama here. You guys can take it somewhere else like PMs. It has nothing to do with the topic in discussion. Remember to make posts that are related to the topic.

Thank you!

We don't want any drama here. You guys can take it somewhere else like PMs. It has nothing to do with the topic in discussion. Remember to make posts that are related to the topic.

Thank you!
I'm doing what I can to keep it the way it's supposed to be. I know it's been a tough few months for me here but probably making some changes to what I am in this chat ever since the beginning.